In the African region, the load of goods transported per capita is low compared with developed countries like USA and Japan; of course, there is no railway facility at all. In this regard, for transporting load on daily basis, the import of Japanese used cars on sale in Tanzania is not a bad idea. There are many dealers selling used vehicles and they can also give their customers information regarding the importing process. If these dealers certify that the car is in perfect condition and it will be driven safely to its destination then there should not be any problem.
Anyway, people must take some precautions. Used cars on sale in Dar es Salaam or Moshi for example would have never been driven by local people because they cannot afford such luxurious vehicles. Of course, you cannot expect all of them to be accident-free; some may have been involved in accidents already even though companies try their best to refurbish them after damages.
Japanese Used Cars For Africa
The people living in Tanzania have a very high purchasing power if compared with their African fellows, which gave birth to a widespread business in imported second-hand automobiles from Japan. In fact there are 70% fewer new import permits approved per year than requests - approximately 550 new vehicles while around two thousand used vehicles are exported.
Import Japanese Cars To Tanzania For A High Profit
The used Japanese cars that can be found in Tanzania come mainly from Japan itself; to be more precise it is said that 80% of them come from Japan and the remaining 20% are imported by other means, like container vessels or planes. Most frequently there is delivery directly in Dar es Salaam port through large ships, which take about ten days for getting to Africa's east coast.
On the other hand, some dealers have local representatives that go to Japan every three months with an aim to buy pre owned vehicle using money transfers. There are also dealers who travel around different places in Africa, especially Nigeria where the business is very popular - these people bring their stuff onboard airplanes. The prices range between 1,000 and 8,000 dollars; the most common and desired models are Peugeot and Toyota.
Save 50% On Your Next Vehicle Purchase
The used vehicles that come from Japan mainly serve as taxis and for private purposes. The annual tax paid by these automobiles is around 50% of their initial price - which leads to lower prices that are affordable even to low-income individuals. On the other hand, there are also luxury vehicles almost new that have been slightly damaged during transportation or have very small impacts on the paintwork.
The owners of these vehicles are not obliged to pay taxes since they do not contain any document about their first usage. When it comes to taxes imposed on Tanzanian citizens who desire imported cars, instead, they have a 100% duty on both parts - importing costs and customs.
Affordable Japanese Used Cars For Sales In Tanzania
The prices of new cars in Tanzania are a lot higher than their used counterparts since there is direct taxation on importation. There is a duty on the engine volume and also a specific duty for each car model, which means that some models have special fees including others. The price ranges between 15,000 and 40,000 dollars depending on the type of vehicle; as it was already mentioned there are very few new cars arriving in East Africa from abroad. So buying Japanese used cars for sale in Tanzania is more affordable in price and best in quality.